Remember the days when we had shelves full of CDs? If you haven’t thrown them away yet, try and re-purpose them into one-of-a-kind home decor ornaments.
- Compact Discs
- Decoupage glue/ modpodge
- Decoupage napkins/ pattern paper
- Craft embellishments of your choice
- Ribbon/ String
Here’s the step-by-step process:
1. Trace along the outer corner of the CD on the napkin/paper and cut out the circle.
2. Apply decoupage glue onto the CD and paste the paper cutout.
3. Apply another coat of decoupage glue once paper.
4. Use embellishments from your craft stack to create a composition.
5. Finally attach a ribbon/ string to the back of the CD so you can hang your wall decor ornament
CDs are great for recycled-object crafts, cos they are shiny, lightweight, round, easy to hang and have a smooth surface for attaching pictures and embellishments.
The start of the month means another fun #CCBG craft challenge is here! This month our theme for creating a new project was craft from Thrift shopping find.