Here is a real quick and classy DIY tutorial to re-purpose any glass bottles and jars.
- Clean, empty glass bottle /mason jar
- Little Birdie’s Color Splash and Gold Alcohol Splash
- Sponge for blending
- Twine / Wire /Embellishments
Here’s the step-by-step process:
1. Spray the ‘Color Splash’ ink onto the outer surface of the bottle and blend using sponge.
2. Spray the ‘Gold Alcohol Splash’ to add a shimmer effect and blend using sponge.
3. There are various ways to further up-cycle the product with embellishments. I’m using a jute twine and handmade paper flower.
Alcohol inks dry fast and this project can be completed real quick.
Beautiful Mason Jar Jewel Toned Hand Lanterns
These unique lanterns take the mason jar to a whole new level and are perfect for adding hand crafted elegance to any event.
In this project, I’ve sprinkled glitter on the body of the bottle when the sprays was still wet.
For the handle, wind a metal wire making a loop at each end and feed a second strand of wire through each loop and fasten it around the threads of the jar; twisting tightly.
I’m linking this project to Itsy Bitsy – Challenge #5-2017 – Anything goes with Little Birdie’s Gold Alcohol Splash.